12/12/2006

Not enough rambling

Thoughts from the past months:

The Hold Steady is such a high school band. Would have gone really well in my 10th grade life. Weird that their live show is full of 20/30 yr olds. I see blow-up potential here.

Yo La Tengo is coming in February! fuck yea. Hopefully they won't bring their "and friends" bullshit along this time.

Tom Waits' Orphans is excellent. I have been oversaturated with Waits lately though. I must take care to not burn out on him. I have much more to absorb and it will be tasty.

I can't decide if La Monte Terry's 'The Well Tuned Piano' is improved by its five hour run-time. If it was a single disk, would I think it sucked? Is its length part of the point? There's not a lot of variety in it. Does its epic length trick me into not evaluating it as good or bad music?

Listening to:

Tom Waits - Orphans (Bastards)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home